Resale Certificate

azbusiness

Resale Certificate

Postby azbusiness » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:29 am

Im finnally taking it a step higher! I need some info as im a little confused. Im sure these questions seem ridiculous to most however im clueless.
1. What exactly is a resale certificate?2. Can you buy wholesale with only a resalecertificate?3. How much does it cost?4. Do I need to pay taxes with a resales certificate?5. Do I need to have any other business ids with a resale certificate?
I noticed I also need either a ssn or federal id, If I get a federal id or use my ssn will I need to pay taxes?
if it goes by state you live in im in Arizona. Thanksazbusiness2007-8-28 1:38:46

SparkleGirl

RE: Resale Certificate

Postby SparkleGirl » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:49 am

Hi azbusiness -
I did a quick search and here`s a link to Arizona @ Your Service (Official Website of the State of Arizona). There are a lot of helpful small business links (Licensing and New Business Owner) located on the right hand side of the page:
http://az.gov/webapp/portal/topic.jsp?id=1158
Good luck to you!

robertj

Postby robertj » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:25 pm

A resale certificate is related to Sales Tax only. It enables a company who is purchasing items for "resale" to purchase those items without paying sales tax on them because it requires the company to collect the sales tax when it resells the items and to send said tax to the state.

azbusiness

Postby azbusiness » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:28 am

oh, i get it now. Thanks

InvestorFunding

Postby InvestorFunding » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:18 am

As a sole proprietor you can use your SSN as your Busienss Fed. TIN. However a TIN /EIN is free from SS.

Return to “Business Planning”