How do I start my own stationery line?

Afontes

How do I start my own stationery line?

Postby Afontes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 pm

I am a graphic designer and new mom and am interested in starting my own line of stationery (to be sold in stores or perhaps online).  I know how to design, but I have no clue where to go from there.  Do I print the cards first and then hope they sell or do I wait until an order is placed?  How do I find a rep?  Etc. etc.  At this point, I`m looking to talk with someone who has done this before to see if this is really the venture I want to pursue.  I guess I`m trying to find out what this dream of mine would really entail.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

vlakh01

RE: How do I start my own stationery line?

Postby vlakh01 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi there,

nevadascul

Postby nevadascul » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Have you thought of partnering with Hallmark or similar company?  You do the graphics and they print the cards.nevadascul3/13/2009 12:57 PM

Afontes

Postby Afontes » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Yes, I`m looking into this option too.  Just starting to research the companies that work with outside designers.  Thanks for the help.

patentandtrademark

Postby patentandtrademark » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:25 pm

you should work with an attorney to protect your creative expressions - there is probably also a trademark to register.

Johan21

Postby Johan21 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:16 am

Designing your own stuff is great as you will have unique products. But that will mean sourcing all kinds of raw material and then printing it and marketing your stationary.
It would not be a bad idea to source products from a vendor or a OEM. That way you can cut costs upfront.
Johan
LegalCraft

okidoqui

Postby okidoqui » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 am

Whatever business you are planning to start, whether it is of office stationery or selling laptops, make sure that you have researched thoroughly and planned well.

Return to “Developing Your Invention”