This episode of StartupNation Radio is sponsored by DBusiness, Siren PR and Dell Small Business
This episode of StartupNation Radio was recorded at Detroit Startup Week. At the event, we livestreamed 16 interviews within two days from the Lear Innovation Center, sitting down with renowned entrepreneurs, passionate thought leaders and innovators, all of whom have a keen entrepreneurial grit and a passion for the city of Detroit.
On this episode, Jeff is joined by DBusiness editor, R.J. King, in the co-hosting seat. Together, the two interview Bob Humphrey and Lauren Bigelow.
Bob Humphrey is the director of innovation management at the Lear Corporation. Bob began as an engineer in Lear’s electrical business segment in 2003. Since then, his career highlights have included leading a cross functional global team that has brought tremendous value within the innovation community.
During the show, Bob talks about:
- The culture of inclusion and partnerships Lear helps to foster
- Companies Lear is currently working with in order to position itself in the mobility space
- His biggest piece of advice for entrepreneurs
- Ways Lear is working with startups, and how entrepreneurs can forge relationships with the company
- Lear’s global team
For more information on the Lear Corporation, visit the official website.
Lauren Bigelow is the executive advisor for entrepreneurship at Rock Ventures. Since taking on this role in January 2019, Lauren has been responsible for the strategy and community engagement of the entrepreneur team.
She has spent 20 years in the innovation and technology space, where she has a large network of early stage business, venture, private equity, and corporate investors.
During the interview, Lauren discusses:
- Detroit Demo Day
- How Rock Ventures supports the entrepreneurial community in Detroit
- Local funding sources for entrepreneurs
- Angel and venture funding
- The importance of mentorship
- The numerous companies in her portfolio
For more information on Rock Ventures, visit the official website.
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!
StartupNation is a proud silver sponsor of Detroit Startup Week