- WJR Business Beat: U.S. News & World Report Ranking of Top U.S. Colleges (Episode 477) - September 15, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: The 4-Day Workweek Picks Up Steam (Episode 476) - September 14, 2022
- Pradeep Khurana on Smart Ways to Outsource, Tackle Obstacles - September 14, 2022
This episode of StartupNation Radio is sponsored by DBusiness, Siren PR and Dell Small Business
This week, we took StartupNation Radio on the road!
In honor of Detroit Startup Week, we livestreamed 16 interviews within two days from the Lear Innovation Center, sitting down with renowned entrepreneurs, passionate thought leaders and innovators, all of whom have a keen entrepreneurial grit and a passion for the city of Detroit.
On this special episode, Jeff is joined by DBusiness editor, R.J. King, in the co-hosting seat, and the two interview John Henry, venture partner at Harlem Capital, and Chris Lambert, CEO and founder of Life Remodeled.
First up is John Henry, venture partner at Harlem Capital, a New York-based, minority-owned early-stage venture capital firm whose mission is to change the face of entrepreneurship by investing in diverse founders. Harlem Capital is committed to reserving capital for investments in minority and women founders in the U.S.
John was featured on the 2019 Forbes 30 under 30 list, 2019 Inc. 30 under 30 list, and the 2018 Ebony Power 100 list.
During the interview, Henry discusses:
- The types of businesses that Harlem Capital invests in
- Harlem Capital’s diversity-focused demographic
- His thoughts on Detroit and experience at Detroit Startup Week
- Harlem Detroit’s 10 year timeline
- Key hallmarks he looks for before making an investment
Next up, Jeff and R.J. chat with Chris Lambert, CEO and founder of Life Remodeled, a non-profit organization that revitalizes neighborhoods in Detroit. The company’s overarching mission is to bridge existing divides, transform communities and form unlikely partnerships.
During the interview, Lambert shares:
- What Life Remodeled does to create lifelong sustainable development
- Why he is so passionate about society working together for the greater good
- The experience that led to the radical change in his life
- The holistic view of social entrepreneurship
For more on Life Remodeled, visit the official website.
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!
StartupNation is proud to be a silver sponsor of Detroit Startup Week