The latest stats about YOU, entrepreneurs
RingCentral (provider of StartupNation’s toll-free “vanity” number 866-59-START, among other things) recently conducted a survey of its small business customers, examining trends in technology spending, holiday plans, political preferences and more. Here are a few findings I thought might interest you:
- The majority of small businesses (60%) will increase tech spending in 2008
- Email and phone are most important technologies for conducting business (email: 81%; mobile phone: 77%; business phone: 69%)
- Small business use of social networking sites (LinkedIn, Facebook) will increase from 38% in 2007 to 59 % in 2008.
- 80% of small business owners planned to work during the holiday break. 56% said they would even interrupt holiday dinner for an important customer phone call.
- While many remain undecided on the presidential race, the edge goes to Clinton as the best candidate to advocate for small business issues (13%)
Any of this take you by surprise?