While StartupNation does not answer specific questions about your business, you may join our online community to interact, post, comment and participate in the discussion with fellow entrepreneurs to get insights and advice on small business and entrepreneurship.
StartupNation offers thousands of articles and forum topics that allow you to research and learn how to start, grow and manage your business.
EDITORIAL CALENDAR DOWNLOAD
34300 Woodward Ave, Ste 200 Birmingham, MI 48009
BECOME A STARTUPNATION VIDEO/PODCAST CONTRIBUTOR
StartupNation accepts video and podcast submissions from contributors who wish to share the insights and advice they have learned with fellow entrepreneurs. StartupNation makes every effort to review each video and podcast we receive, but due to the volume of submissions, we cannot guarantee that we will publish your content.
StartupNation reserves the right to edit any accompanying articles, blog posts and images at our discretion. Your content may be shared at StartupNation.com, on our social platforms and newsletters, as well as on our partner pages. By submitting your content, you acknowledge this and agree to our terms and conditions.
Submit your idea using the submission form below, and if your video or podcast is chosen, a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.
If you’re interested in becoming a StartupNation contributing writer, please complete the form HERE.
Thank you in advance for your contribution!
The StartupNation Editorial Team
StartupNation Contributor Style Guide 2020
StartupNation accepts written article, podcast and video content from contributors who wish to share the insights and advice they have learned with fellow entrepreneurs. All content submitted to StartupNation must be original work, and plagiarism WILL NOT be tolerated.
While StartupNation’s editorial team makes every effort to review each and every submission we receive, due to the volume of content we receive on a daily basis, we cannot guarantee that we will review and/or publish your content. Those submissions requiring heavy editing will be rejected. If your content is chosen for publication, a member of our editorial team will be in touch with you shortly.
StartupNation reserves the right to edit articles, podcasts, videos, blog posts, author bios and images at our discretion. Your content may be shared at StartupNation.com, on our social media platforms and newsletters, and/or distributed via our content syndication platforms or partnerships. By submitting your content, you acknowledge this and agree to our terms and conditions. At this time, any guest posting opportunities with StartupNation are unpaid, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing with our editorial team.
Online content marketing strikes a delicate balance between SEO objectives (being found by search engines) and human objectives (being valued by readers). StartupNation’s Style Guide seeks to balance these two objectives in order to produce content that our audience of entrepreneurs and startup business owners find informational and beneficial.
Our goal is to produce content that elevates the StartupNation brand, while successfully following SEO guidelines. Below, find our style guide for contributing authors:
- To attract, inspire and empower aspiring entrepreneurs by providing the knowledge and resources necessary to start a business
- To establish StartupNation as a thought leader in the entrepreneurial and startup space
- To create highly valuable content and provide empowerment to aspiring entrepreneurs, taking them from dreaming to doing
- To produce articles that give our readers an insider’s look at subject matter related to startups and entrepreneurship
- Our audience consists of aspiring entrepreneurs who want to learn how to start a business. From dreaming to doing, we make starting easy
- StartupNation publishes practical content in entrepreneurial subject matters such as funding, e-‐commerce, branding and marketing, storytelling, social media, business planning and more
- StartupNation publishes book excerpts written by knowledgeable, industry-‐leading authors in business and entrepreneurship. Excerpts include thought-‐provoking works of fiction and non-‐fiction
- Articles are typically 1,000 to 1,500 words in length, but vary on a case-‐by-‐case basis
- StartupNation follows AP style; please utilize AP style rules in all articles submitted to StartupNation. Articles and submissions with consistent grammar errors will not be accepted
- While casual verbiage is acceptable in writing, articles with offensive, vulgar or derogatory language will not be tolerated
- Please spellcheck and manually review your work before submitting for editorial consideration. Articles and submissions with consistent spelling errors will not be accepted
- Relevant hyperlinks within articles are accepted, however irrelevant links will be removed, as well as use of self-‐promotional links within articles. Links that promote spam, one’s own company, product or social media pages will also be removed
- Links to references should be to highly respected and credited resources
- When submitting an infographic for consideration, please submit an introductory summary of at least 300 words, along with the infographic and a feature image
- All infographics published on StartupNation.com are affixed with the official StartupNation logo
- Contributing authors must submit a feature image along with any article submitted to StartupNation. Please provide any necessary credentials
- Image specs: 820 x 449 px
- Contributing authors must provide a brief author bio to be published in conjunction with his/her article on StartupNation.com. Author bios should be no more than 150 words and include credentials that highlight the author’s experience and expertise in the fields of small business and entrepreneurship. Social media links may be provided
- Contributing authors are required to provide a headshot to complete their author bio, and will be run along with the author’s byline
- While articles are reviewed as soon as possible upon receipt, please note that StartupNation’s editorial calendar publishes approximately 30 days out upon editorial review and article placement
If you are interested in publishing native, advertorial content on StartupNation.com, please contact [email protected] for further details and rates
- Insipid, vague content that appears to be written primarily for search engines, rather than StartupNation’s target audience
- Off-‐topic content (see Content/Subject Matter above)
- Overly self-‐promotional articles that are heavy on public relations
- Plagiarism—if you are found plagiarizing, you will be notified and banned from contributing to StartupNation