If you are struggling to increase your website traffic, one of the reasons may be that your site is ranked poorly by Google. Your goal should be to improve your PageRank, which can be accomplished a number of ways. You must make sure your website is search engine optimized, that it works well on mobile devices and that you have plenty of links to and from reputable resources.
Create sharable content
Your content should be interesting and diverse. You want your readers to love your content, and for it to be shared on social media. Your content should contain a combination of quality images, useful information and attractive infographics. The more you can get people interested in what you have to say, the more they will share your content with other readers.
Give your SEO a boost
No website is perfect, and it’s important to make sure that your SEO is on target for every article that you write.
- Check the images on your site, and make sure they are labeled with the right keywords
- Look at your blog posts to see if you can create new internal links between content on your site
- Utilize a backlink checker to see if there are any bad links pointing to your site that you need to get rid of
- Look for keywords within your content, and make sure you are using long-tail keywords
- Another option is to work with an inbound marketing consultant to help you craft an SEO game plan
Take the time to give your content an update based on best practices, and you will give your SEO a boost.
Work on your social media presence
While you may have created a Facebook page and a Twitter account, it’s important to your website traffic to keep these accounts active by sharing your new content, sharing content written by experts in your field and sharing industry news.
You should be maintaining your accounts, checking for messages and building relationships with people who care about your message. Don’t miss out on a wide demographic of potential customers.
With 80 percent of internet users now owning a smartphone to access the internet, it is essential to have a website that can be viewed on mobile devices. Mobile text marketing is also important when you want to reach a wide demographic of customers quickly.
Make sure that your site is optimized for use on mobile, and that your content is broken up visually to make it easier to read and share on mobile devices.