A soap business name can reflect your brand’s values and impact how customers remember your company. A name can be memorable, make people smile, and establish goodwill for the soaps that you sell.
Picking the right business name is important, and it is a good idea to brainstorm several names before committing to a name. This guide will offer some strategies for choosing a good soap business name and provide 50 business name ideas. Take a look!
5 Tips Before Choosing a Name for Your Soap Business
You only get to choose a business name once. While you can technically change your company’s name at any time, making many name changes is not a good idea. It is ideal to pick one name and stick with it for your company’s entire existence. You can follow these tips to increase the likelihood of coming up with a great business name.
1. Align with Your Brand Identity
Your brand identity consists of your company’s values, mission, target audience, and other factors. Coming up with a name that keeps those parts of your brand in mind can help it connect more with your audience. If you want a laid-back feel for your brand, a humorous name may work. If you want to focus on being meticulous, you can brainstorm names reflecting that characteristic.
When you need help with business branding, logos, or custom designs – Startup Nation recommends 99designs!
2. Be Memorable and Unique
A catchy and easy-to-remember name will attract more customers to your soap business. People have to remember your company’s name to buy from you. Making the name too long can make it difficult for people to remember. You can look at your competition for ideas. You shouldn’t use the same name as a competitor, but you can look at their names and think about why they work.
3. Test for Copyright and Trademark Issues
You don’t want to commit to a soap business name only to realize another company has a copyright and trademark for the name. Check that so you won’t have issues, and get the copyright and trademark for your business’s name when the time is right. That way, you are committed to the name, and no one can take it from you.
4. Consider SEO and Domain Availability
Search engine optimization (SEO) helps you gauge the ease or difficulty of ranking for important keywords in your industry. You can use search engines and domain tools to see if another business is using your desired name online. If another soap business is using your business name idea, you may want to consider another name. Competing with other soap businesses, especially those in your area is normal. However, you shouldn’t compete for your company’s name.
To check and register a potential domain name, Domain.com is our recommended go-to!
5. Get Feedback
Check with family, friends, and colleagues and see what they think about your business name idea. Getting multiple perspectives can help you decide if the name you have chosen is the right one. A family member, friend, or colleague may suggest a better name for your company.
50 Creative Name Ideas for Your Soap Business
Spend as much time brainstorming your business name ideas as you need. You have to like the name and make sure no one else is using it. These 50 creative soap business name ideas can help you get started:
- Soap Nation – Check Domain Availability
- Soap Time – Check Domain Availability
- Clean Castle – Check Domain Availability
- Handmade Soap – Check Domain Availability
- Handsome Sud – Check Domain Availability
- Lotion in Motion – Check Domain Availability
- Soap Bar – Check Domain Availability
- Soap Bowl – Check Domain Availability
- Soap Candy – Check Domain Availability
- Empowered Skin – Check Domain Availability
- Skin Recovery – Check Domain Availability
- In-N-Out Soap Shop – Check Domain Availability
- Bubble Town – Check Domain Availability
- Bubble Blast – Check Domain Availability
- Cleanse Shop – Check Domain Availability
- Armor of Soap – Check Domain Availability
- Soap Lover – Check Domain Availability
- Soap Town – Check Domain Availability
- Soap Plaza – Check Domain Availability
- Soothing Sud – Check Domain Availability
- Squeaky Clean Enterprises – Check Domain Availability
- The Best Soap Store – Check Domain Availability
- Pure Bliss – Check Domain Availability
- Bubbly Bliss – Check Domain Availability
- Natural Soap Care – Check Domain Availability
- Clean Touch – Check Domain Availability
- Shining Soap – Check Domain Availability
- Beauty Drop – Check Domain Availability
- Look Your Best Soap – Check Domain Availability
- Suds and Buds – Check Domain Availability
- Squeaky Clean – Check Domain Availability
- Super Clean – Check Domain Availability
- Lather Up – Check Domain Availability
- Time for a Wash – Check Domain Availability
- Washing Warehouse – Check Domain Availability
- Bath and Body – Check Domain Availability
- Beauty Bath – Check Domain Availability
- Essentials Soap – Check Domain Availability
- Come Clean – Check Domain Availability
- Visual Glow – Check Domain Availability
- Bubble King – Check Domain Availability
- Bubble Queen – Check Domain Availability
- Ocean Glow – Check Domain Availability
- Sparkling Gem – Check Domain Availability
- Nature Suds – Check Domain Availability
- Sud Shop – Check Domain Availability
- Sud Land – Check Domain Availability
- Soapland – Check Domain Availability
- Luxury Soap – Check Domain Availability
- Executive Soap – Check Domain Availability
How to Start a Soap Business in 8 Steps
Coming up with the right business name will get you on track. A name acts as the foundation, but you will have to take additional steps to turn your idea into a soap business. Listed below are the steps you need to take to start a soap business:
1. Develop a Business Plan
A business plan outlines opportunities and can help you manage costs. This plan acts as a roadmap and can increase your likelihood of launching a successful company. Business plans change from time to time, so it’s important to reassess your plan as opportunities change.
As you plan out your finances, you’ll want to have the best tools at your side. We recommend Quicken for seamless financial planning, invoicing, tax management, and more!
2. Find a Soap Manufacturer and Distributor
A soap manufacturer can provide bulk deliveries that let you save money on purchases. Working with a soap manufacturer helps you keep inventory on the shelves. If customers see empty shelves, they may not come back. To find soap manufacturers, start by researching some possible providers in your area or state. Consider the materials they use, the manufacturing process, pricing, timelines, and more to make your final decision.
Aside from a soap manufacturer, you may also need a distribution partner. As your business grows, it can be helpful to outsource warehousing, packing, fulfillment, and shipping for your soap business. For the best pick, look into ShipBob‘s 3PL and order fulfillment services.
ShipBob is a global omnifulfillment platform that supports thousands of ecommerce brands. Its proprietary fulfillment platform lets you manage, edit, and customize orders, track real-time stock levels from any location, and more!
3. Decide on Your Business Entity
You can choose from several business entities, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. Every business, by default, becomes a sole proprietorship which helps you save on taxes. You can also start a general partnership if you want to pool resources with others. However, profits also get split, and any disagreements can slow down the business.
Business owners can also consider forming corporations, S corporations, and LLCs. These entities have more paperwork as well as tax advantages. Corporations get double-taxed, but you have an easier time issuing shares with this structure. S corporations do not get double taxed, but it is more difficult to issue stock. Many small business owners consider LLCs as the perfect balance of corporation and sole proprietorship benefits.
Fast & easy US business formation, guaranteed.
We’ll form your company, get your EIN, and help you open your business bank account. Get your LLC started in any of the 50 states, including Wyoming or Delaware.
4. Get Business Licenses and Permits
Your soap shop will need several business licenses and permits to operate in your area. Here is a list of licenses and permits you will need:
- General business license or permit
- Resale Certificate
- Certificate of Occupancy
5. Open a Business Bank Account
Opening a separate business bank account helps keep your personal and business finances distinct, making accounting, taxes, and compliance less complicated while also building legitimacy as an official business entity.
A business account also allows for additional capabilities like accepting credit cards, automating payments, and more. As you open your business bank account, make sure you look into tools that help you manage your expenses and track your business income.
6. Consider Business Insurance
Business insurance policies protect your business from various uncertainties. You can get general liability insurance to protect yourself from many liabilities. You can also explore more nuanced policies, such as cyber liability insurance, to protect yourself from specific unforeseen events.
7. Build Our Your Retail or Online Soap Store
You can sell soap in a retail store or through an online platform. Retail takes more effort as you have to buy or rent a commercial property in your area. Online stores are more straightforward, and you can set them up much faster.
8. Market and Advertise Your New Soap Business
Once you have your business up and running, it’s time to spread the word. Business owners have many ways to market and advertise their companies. Which is why you may want to try out several market strategies to discover which ones work best for your soap business.
You can use advertising to spread the word, but doing some marketing on your own can be more cost-effective. You can also partner with local companies, create SEO content, optimize your website, and establish social media profiles.
SEO can be incredibly helpful for soap companies, as it can allow your products pop up on Google for certain keywords like “organic soap” or “rose petal soap”. Don’t know much about SEO? Not to worry. Even the seasoned pros rely on SEO tools, such as HOTH, to drive organic traffic.
Launch Your Soap Business
A soap business can help you serve more customers, open up new revenue opportunities, and give you more flexibility. Establishing a strong foundation makes it easier to grow your business and can accelerate your path to success. Growing a business is a long-term journey that can provide a lot of fulfillment along the way.
Can you use your own name as the name of your soap business?
Yes, you can use your own name as the name of your soap business.
How can you make sure your soap business name stands out from the competition?
You can ensure that your soap business name stands out by looking at competitors’ names and your brand’s values for inspiration. Brainstorm a few name ideas before committing to one.
Should you conduct market research before finalizing your soap business name?
Yes, you should conduct market research before finalizing your soap business name. Market research can help you come up with a better name that is not taken by a competitor.
Can you use foreign languages in your soap business name?
Yes, you can use foreign languages in your soap business name. It’s your choice as the business owner.
Is it necessary to have a logo designed alongside your soap business name?
It is a good idea to have a logo designed alongside your soap business name. The logo can make your company more recognizable and easier to remember.