Latest posts by StartupNation
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: Venture Capital Investment at Record Numbers in First Half of 2021 (Episode 268) - August 2, 2021
- A Modern Digital Workplace Strategy: Why Working and Learning from Anywhere Matters - August 2, 2021
- 3 Detroit Entrepreneurs Share Keys to Success on StartupNation Radio - July 31, 2021
This episode of StartupNation Radio is sponsored by DBusiness, Siren PR and Dell Small Business
This weekend, we’re sharing another special edition of StartupNation Radio, recorded at Detroit Startup Week. At the event, we livestreamed 16 interviews within two days from the Lear Innovation Center, sitting down with renowned entrepreneurs, passionate thought leaders and innovators, all of whom have a keen entrepreneurial grit and a passion for the city of Detroit.
On this special episode, Jeff is joined by DBusiness editor, R.J. King, in the co-hosting seat, and the two interview David Tyreman and Jon Oberheide.
David Tyreman is an award-winning brand speaker, consultant and strategist at World Famous Company. He shares his branding expertise through speaking engagements, consulting sessions and workshops, and was at Detroit Startup Week for a keynote, “How to Create a Kickass Brand (and Not Get Lost in the Crowd).”
During the interview, David talks about:
- Success after his first business failure
- Tips for standing out when branding
- The importance of authenticity
- Why entrepreneurs have to constantly hustle
For more information on David Tyreman, visit his official website.
Jon Oberheide is the co-founder and CTO of Duo Security, a company that helps defend organizations against data breaches by making security easy and effective. The cybersecurity unicorn is a trusted partner to more than 10,000 customers globally, including Etsy, Facebook, Random House, Yelp, Zillow, Paramount Pictures and more.
Duo was recently acquired by Cisco for $2.35 billion.
During the show, Jon discusses:
- How he and his co-founder, Dug, developed their business philosophy
- What led to the success of Duo and how the team managed that success
- The importance of “going back to basics” when finding a disruptive solution
- Where the business is going/the future of Duo
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!
StartupNation is a proud silver sponsor of Detroit Startup Week