Latest posts by StartupNation
This episode of StartupNation Radio is sponsored by DBusiness, Siren PR and Dell Small Business
We’re back with another special edition of StartupNation Radio, recorded at Detroit Startup Week. At the event, we livestreamed 16 interviews within two days from the Lear Innovation Center, sitting down with renowned entrepreneurs, passionate thought leaders and innovators, all of whom have a keen entrepreneurial grit and a passion for the city of Detroit.
On this episode, Jeff is joined by DBusiness editor, R.J. King, in the co-hosting seat, and the two interview Ted Serbinski, Raj Vattikuti and Charlie Tyson.
First up is Ted Serbinski, managing director of Techstars Detroit. Serbinski is the founding managing director of the first accelerator program in North America focused on the future of mobility, automotive and transportation. The company has invested in 44 mobility startups from 8 different countries.
During the interview, Ted discusses:
- Some of the early-stage companies that have gone through the Techstars program
- Why not all startups need the same thing in order to succeed (i.e. an app)
- What drove him to Detroit, and why he stayed
- The future of Techstars Detroit
Next, Jeff and R.J. chat with Raj Vattikuti, CEO of Altimetrik, one of the fastest growing technology companies partnering with global brands to rapidly launch new products and services in order to speed up innovation.
During the interview, Raj talks about:
- Why he is so grateful to the city of Detroit
- How he started his career in the automotive industry, but saw an opportunity in technology
- What drives him to succeed
- His biggest piece of advice for entrepreneurs
- His philanthropic efforts
For more information on Raj, visit his LinkedIn page.
Finally, the hosts interview Charlie Tyson, project manager of Planet M, Michigan’s mobility initiative representing the collective mobility efforts across the state.
During the interview, Charlie chats about:
- How Planet M went from a branding campaign to a full-fledged organization that is making real change in the community
- Planet M’s physical workspace in downtown Detroit
- How Planet M collaborates with different parts of the world
- Some of Planet M’s success stories
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!
StartupNation is a proud silver sponsor of Detroit Startup Week