Living a Longer Life
Today’s quote is from Chicago Sun-Times Advice Columnist Ann Landers, who said:
“Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat.”
The “Fountain of Youth” is a spring that supposedly restores the youth of anyone who drinks or bathes in its waters. The legend became particularly prominent in the 16th century, attached to the Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon’s travels in what is now Florida.
In an April 2014 Time Magazine article titled, “9 Secrets to Living Longer,” author Alexandra Sifferlin points out that good, old-fashioned work plays a critical role in the quality of life as well as living a longer life.
Consider working up a bit of a sweat and living a longer life by…
- Working out and doing some form of exercise daily
- Working on your diet – you are what you eat
- Working on your relationships
- Engaging fully in vocation and avocational activities that you enjoy and that will make a difference in the world
- Working on your mind by participating in life-long learning
Please reply to this post with some of your own sweat-inducing activities that make your life more rewarding.