- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: How Brick-and-Mortar Retail Remains Relevant (Episode 293) - September 22, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: DeepHow Raises $9 Million In New Venture Funding (Episode 292) - September 21, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: The Great Workforce Resignation (Episode 291) - September 20, 2021
On this episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff kicks off the first installment of “Ask the Expert,” a new series in which he brings on a startup or small business expert to help answer the burning questions of our community’s small business owners. Today’s show features SCORE of Southeast Michigan.
Joining Jeff today are Armando Ojeda, southeast Michigan chapter chair of SCORE, and today’s expert guest, Angela Mitchell.
Angela is a SCORE mentor and financial services expert, as well as the founder of DNA Financial Services, where she helps small business owners with finances, bookkeeping, taxes and more.
During the show, Jeff, Armando and Angela take call-ins from listeners, covering topics including:
- Where to secure funding for your business when you’re relatively new to the small business community
- How to protect your personal assets when securing funding for your business
- How and when to hire more employees
Tune in to the full segment
The SCORE of Southeast Michigan team will be back for more “Ask the Expert” segments in 2021!
If you’re in need of some advice or next steps in your decision-making process, feel free to reach out to a SCORE mentor at semichigan.score.org or call (800) 634-0425.
In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.