Latest posts by StartupNation
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: The Importance of Compliance in Business Today (Episode 267) - July 30, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: Small Business Insurance is Mission Critical (Episode 266) - July 29, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: Small Business Marketing 101 Requires SEO (Episode 265) - July 28, 2021
Welcome back to another brand new episode of StartupNation Radio! Today, Jeff is joined by frequent co-host, Norm Pappas, president and CEO of Pappas Financial. First up, the two welcome Justin Mast, founder and CEO of Bloomscape, to StartupNation Radio. Later in the show, Jeff chats with Phyllis Ellison about an upcoming event, the 2021 Midwest Venture Showcase, that will surely interest startups, entrepreneurs and investors in the Southeast Michigan region.
Tune in to the full episode of StartupNation Radio here:
Bloomscape, which is the modern online garden center delivering the largest variety of quality houseplants directly from the greenhouse, was founded in 2017. The Detroit-based company is the only plant company that ships plants directly from the greenhouse to the consumer’s front door. Last fall, Bloomscape announced that it raised $15 million in series B funding.
During the interview, Mast discusses:
- How he carved out a niche for his business
- Why Bloomscape’s authentic brand story connects with its millennial customer base
- His vision to reinvent the garden center and create a premium retail brand
- Steps he took to prepare for launching Bloomscape
- How Bloomscape positions itself against its biggest competitors
- How he plans to continue scaling his business over the next few years
For more information, visit Bloomscape’s official website.
During the discussion, Ellison talks about:
- The partnership between Midwest Growth Capital Symposium and InvestMidwest
- How the event helps promote startup companies based in the Midwest
- The different types of companies pitching during the event
- How the event fosters relationships between startups and investors
- Past startup success stories
To learn more about the Midwest Venture Showcase, visit the official website.
We’ll be back next weekend with another exciting episode of StartupNation Radio! Stay tuned.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.