- Work Smarter Not Harder With These Tech Upgrades: Watch the Dell Webinar - January 27, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: Top Marketing Channel in 2022? Email (Episode 351) - January 25, 2022
- Today at 2! Learn About Hardware That Won’t Hold You Back at Our FREE Dell Webinar - January 25, 2022
On today’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff chats with three entrepreneurs working to make a huge difference in the business of music.
First up, Jeff chats with Jonathan Hayman and Cassie Alexe, co-founders of the Michigan Music Business Club. Hayman and Alexe are both are juniors in college at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business.
Tune in to learn more about the business of music:
When they noticed a gap in student organizations, they created the Michigan Music Business Club to give members an exclusive, educational experience through hands-on speaking events, social events and internship recruitment events.
During the interview, Hayman and Alexe discuss:
- How and why they created the organization to serve the university’s music business community
- The different types of events Michigan Music Business Club hosts, including some of the biggest names in the music industry virtually and in person throughout its 16-month inception
- The current excitement and disruption of the music industry as it relates to business
- Current trends in music, such as NFTs
For more information, visit the Michigan Music Business Club official website.
Next up, Jeff chats with Erik Nelson, co-owner of FanFlex, a music-tech platform for artists and venues that efficiently and profitably allows for the scheduling and booking of shows, tours and premium fan experiences.
As venues reopen their doors in a post-COVID world, never before has the need been so necessary to maximize a venue’s hours of operation and capacity, and FanFlex’s traction throughout the pandemic is a testament to this need.
During the interview, Nelson shares:
- How he took his great idea and built it into a business
- How FanFlex works for both independent venues and local, independent artists
- How FanFlex has pivoted its revenue model during the pandemic
- The future of FanFlex
To learn more, visit the FanFlex official website.
We’ll be back next weekend with another exciting episode of StartupNation Radio! Stay tuned.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.