Today, Carrie Green is a published author (of the book “She Means Business,” an Amazon top seller in New Business Enterprises) and founder of the Female Entrepreneur Association, which boasts 400,000 members. When she started her entrepreneurial journey in 2005 with an idea, a credit card and a minuscule marketing budget, she found that the resources available to her, and women entrepreneurs in general, were lacking. It was then that she decided to do something about it.
Green started the Female Entrepreneur Association in 2011, which serves as a global network for likeminded female entrepreneurs to network, inspire and empower one another.
In this edition of StartupNation Radio, Green sat down with host Jeff Sloan to discuss the importance of building a solid entrepreneurial mindset, as well as an audience.
Show highlights from Green include:
- A large percent of success is mental–entrepreneurs face so many obstacles, and the right mindset helps you to keep going when the going gets tough
- Condition yourself for success–train your brain in order to stay inspired (with the aid of music, quotes, videos, etc.)
- There is power in community. Business is about bringing together likeminded people, and it also creates brand loyalty
- Community adds value to your audience, leads engagement and drives sales
- Learn as much as possible! Soak up business knowledge and apply it. Green says she has learned more from her failures than her wins
Related: She Means Business [Book Excerpt]
In the second half of the show, Jeff is joined by Holly Hurd from Venturemom.com, who discusses the growing trend of women in business, along with her five commonalities for success.
“She Means Business” by Carrie Green is available now via fine booksellers and at StartupNation.com.