- WJR Business Beat: U.S. News & World Report Ranking of Top U.S. Colleges (Episode 477) - September 15, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: The 4-Day Workweek Picks Up Steam (Episode 476) - September 14, 2022
- Pradeep Khurana on Smart Ways to Outsource, Tackle Obstacles - September 14, 2022
On today’s StartupNation Radio show, Jeff is once again joined by co-host, Norm Pappas, president and CEO of Pappas Financial. Today, the two are chatting with two industry experts to learn how COVID-19 is impacting the sports and hospitality industries.
To kickstart the show, Jeff and Norm discuss various funding programs available to startups and small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis, including the Paycheck Protection Program.
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
Arn Tellem, vice chairman at Palace Sports and Entertainment, joins the show to discuss the impact the coronavirus is having on professional sports. He also provides forward-thinking insights into what sports lovers can expect in the future.
During the interview, Tellem discusses:
- How his role working for a professional sports team has changed amid COVID-19
- The most rewarding part of his work
- How he got his start in the sport business
- The importance of having a mentor and the value of community
- What the Detroit Pistons and partners are doing to help the community during this crisis
For more information on the Detroit Pistons’ community efforts with Wayne County and its corporate partners, learn more about the $375,000 grant for Forgotten Harvest here.
Next up is Jim Bellinson, local serial entrepreneur best known for his work as chair and co-founder of Brilliant Detroit, which he runs with his wife, Carolyn Bellinson. Jim also owns 11 local restaurants, including Social Kitchen and Bar, MEX, Beau’s and Como’s.
He discusses the impact on the restaurant industry right here in Michigan, and shares his thoughts on what all of this will likely mean to the industry and to our lifestyles going forward once the storm passes.
Throughout the interview, Bellinson talks about:
- His entrepreneurial journey and what led him to becoming a restaurant operator
- The ways he is managing the crisis with his restaurants
- How failure during this crisis is unlike typical business failure
- What Brilliant Detroit is doing for children and struggling families in Detroit during COVID-19
We’ll be back next Saturday with an all-new edition of StartupNation Radio!
In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.