This episode of StartupNation Radio is brought to you by Pappas Financial
On today’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff is joined by co-host, Norm Pappas, president and CEO of Pappas Financial. Together, they interview two guests: Mark Manzo, a professional business manager, and Dr. Bryan Weinstein, a psychiatrist and entrepreneur.
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
First up is Mark Manzo, president of Ally Financial. Manzo was appointed to his role in 2018, and is responsible for all of Ally’s insurance operations, including consumer products, as well as commercial property and casualty products for dealers.
During the interview, Manzo discusses:
- His position within a big corporation and how he grew his role with Ally
- How he is deploying entrepreneurial-like tactics within a big business
- The challenges that are similar (and different!) between startups and large corporations
- A day in the life
- How COVID-19 has altered his company’s operations
- Changes in company culture and productivity due to the pandemic
- What he thinks the future of work looks like a year from now
Listen to the interview with Mark Manzo
“Whether it’s a small business or a large business, you have to be in a company that has the values and ethics that you want to be a part of.”
– Mark Manzo
For more information on Ally, visit the official website.
Next, Jeff and Norm interview Dr. Bryan Weinstein, a psychiatrist with a private practice in Livonia.
During the interview, Dr. Weinstein talks about:
- Starting his private medical practice
- His entrepreneurial pursuits outside of his day job
- The psychology behind business
- His lifelong love of learning and aspirations to help others
- How he prioritizes family time while operating his businesses
- The importance of delegation
- How the medical and healthcare fields have been impacted by COVID-19
Listen to the interview with Dr. Bryan Weinstein
“If you can build something that can help more people and you can leverage yourself, then that’s an amazing opportunity.”
– Dr. Bryan Weinstein
For more information on Dr. Weinstein and his practice, click here.
We’ll be back next Saturday with an all-new edition of StartupNation Radio!
In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.