Latest posts by StartupNation
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: LogMeIn Study on Remote Work Technologies (Episode 181) - February 25, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: Second Round of PPP Funding Still Available (Episode 180) - February 24, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: StartupNation, Dell Technologies and Microsoft Offer Free Webinar to Help Small Business (Episode 179) - February 23, 2021
This episode of StartupNation Radio is brought to you by Pappas Financial
On this episode of StartupNation Radio, your host, Jeff Sloan, sits down with three inspiring entrepreneurs: Steve Mariotti, Cody Candee and Aleksander Rendtslev.
First up, Jeff chats with Steve Mariotti, an award-winning entrepreneurship-education advocate, founder of the world-renowned nonprofit Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), and author of the recently published teacher memoir, “Goodbye Homeboy: How My Students Drove Me Crazy and Inspired a Movement.”
Mariotti founded NFTE in New York in 1987 to bring entrepreneurship education to low-income youth world and empower them to create pathways out of poverty.
During the interview, Steve discusses:
- Why entrepreneurship is important, especially for youth and underprivileged/low income youth youth
- How entrepreneurship empowers and provides confidence
- Teaching the importance of empathy
- NFTE’s curriculum
- The key skills to equip students with for success
For more information on Steve Mariotti’s Networking for Teaching Entrepreneurship, visit nfte.com.
“Goodbye Homeboy: How My Students Drove Me Crazy and Inspired a Movement” is available now wherever books are sold and can be purchased via StartupNation.com.
Next up, Jeff chats with Cody Candee (CEO) and Aleksander Rendtslev (CTO), co-founders of Bounce. An app for luggage storage in local hotels and shops, Bounce has hundreds of locations in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago and more. It allows users to instantly book and store their luggage on the go for less than $6 per day.
During the interview, Cody and Aleksander talk about:
- What is Bounce?
- How the app tracks capacity
- Their competitors
- Where the app’s traffic comes from
- How they’re funding the business
- Key steps to succeed in developing an app
To learn more about Bounce, available now for download in the App Store and Google Play store, visit UseBounce.com.
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!