On this episode of StartupNation Radio, your host, Jeff Sloan, sits down with two entrepreneurs who have made their entrepreneurial dreams come true–and then some! We’re chatting with Chris McCuiston, co-founder and CEO of Goldfish Swim School, and Courtney Lorenz, founder of Cultured Kombucha.
First up is Chris McCuiston, who is the CEO and co-founder of Goldfish Swim School, the leading premier learn-to-swim franchise concept providing swim lessons and water safety instruction to infants and children ages four months to 12 years. Goldfish Swim School was established in Birmingham, Michigan in 2006, and opened its first franchise location in 2009. Today, over 90 schools (and counting) are open in 34 states across the U.S. and Canada.
During the show, McCuiston discusses:
- Goldfish Swim School’s core focus
- How the business has grown since opening its first location in 2006
- Advice for starting a business with a spouse or family member
- The most difficult aspect of running any business
- What’s next for Goldfish Swim School
Courtney Lorenz is the founder of Cultured Kombucha, the first kombucha tea microbrewery in northern Michigan. Certified organic, minimally processed and packed with locally made ingredients, its a great alternative to soda or other sugary drinks.
During the show, Lorenz talks about:
- How to break into or carve out space for yourself in a competitive space like the health market
- Cultured Kombucha’s marketing methods
- The company’s business growth trajectory since opening in 2015
- How to start a food or beverage business
- Where Cultured Kombucha is going
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!