- WJR Business Beat: U.S. News & World Report Ranking of Top U.S. Colleges (Episode 477) - September 15, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: The 4-Day Workweek Picks Up Steam (Episode 476) - September 14, 2022
- Pradeep Khurana on Smart Ways to Outsource, Tackle Obstacles - September 14, 2022
On today’s special edition of StartupNation Radio, we’re talking to several local Main Street merchants about the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the opportunities ahead.
Joining StartupNation’s Jeff Sloan in the co-host seat is Julie Sloan of MainStreet Nation (a subset of StartupNation), who is a subject matter expert on the business of Main Street. Jeff and Julie kick off the show with Julie’s observations of the current state of local business, including the passion small business owners possess for not only their businesses, but their communities, as well.
John Bry, Supervisor of Local Business Development of Oakland County, joins the discussion to talk about what he’s observed of Main Street businesses during the pandemic. He also offers his expertise on best practices that merchants can implement to sustain their small businesses moving forward.
Then, Jeff and Julie talk with three local Main Street merchants about what they’re doing to position themselves for success coming out of the pandemic.
Featured guests include:
- Holly Anselmi, owner of The Italian Dish
- Marlene Mansour, owner of Urban Wick Candle Bar
- Sommer Poquette, founder and CEO of Keep it Real Social
Tune in to the full episode of StartupNation Radio, below, to hear our experts discuss the return to Main Street!
Resources mentioned during the show:
- National Main Street Center
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Oakland County Main Street Program
- MainStreet Nation
We’ll be back next weekend with another exciting episode of StartupNation Radio! Stay tuned.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.