- WJR Business Beat: Mobile Apps Are Experiencing More Engagement Than Ever Before (Episode 305) - October 14, 2021
- Servers to Cloud: Register for StartupNation’s Free Webinar with Dell Technologies - October 13, 2021
- WJR Business Beat: Projected Consumer Holiday Spending (Episode 304) - October 13, 2021
This episode of StartupNation Radio is brought to you by Pappas Financial
On today’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff is joined by co-host, Norm Pappas, president and CEO of Pappas Financial. Together, they interview the Pappas brothers: Ed Pappas (a litigation attorney) and Rick Pappas (president of Davenport University).
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
The focus of today’s show is the ability to be an entrepreneur and think entrepreneurially and how these skills can be applied to various careers and fields.
During the show, Ed discusses:
- His role with law firm Dickinson Wright
- Why you must be an entrepreneur to succeed in law
- The three Rs of business development: establishing reputation, respect and relationships
- What his role leading Davenport University entails
- The entrepreneurial aspects of higher education
Together, the three Pappas brothers talk about:
- How to earn revenue when leading a university
- The key things that Rick is doing to make the business of the university work
- The importance of intrapreneurship within an organization
- How to market yourself as a lawyer
- The power of referrals
- The importance of building expertise within a given vertical
- Learning from failure
- How the trio have learned from each other as brothers
- Working hard versus working smart
Listen to the full interview here
We’ll be back next Saturday with an all-new edition of StartupNation Radio!
In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.