- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: DeepHow Raises $9 Million In New Venture Funding (Episode 292) - September 21, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: The Great Workforce Resignation (Episode 291) - September 20, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: New Military Veteran Grant Program (Episode 290) - September 17, 2021
On today’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff interviews two entrepreneurs: Bode Miller of SKEO and Sara Moll of Vin Social.
Tune in to the full StartupNation Radio show with Miller and Moll here:
First up is Miller, who is the most decorated male American alpine ski racer of all time, known for 33 World Cup wins, two overall titles, four world championships and six Olympic medals. Now, he is founding partner at SKEO, an app that measures and tracks data on your smartphone in your pocket while skiing.
During the interview, Miller discusses:
- How he approaches his work
- His journey from the sports world into the business world
- How he’s built a brand from skiing
- Why he decided to go into the business world and develop SKEO after retiring
Related: From Our Founder: New Legislation Makes Equity Crowdfunding the Go-To Source for Startup Funding
Next up, Jeff talks to Moll, the founder and CEO of Vin Social, an online wine education program and hospitality solution that allows for virtual wine tasting and more.
During the segment, Moll talks about:
- Vin Social’s equity crowdfunding campaign on Wefunder
- How she went from the fashion industry to the wine world
- How she came up with the idea for Vin Social
- How focusing on the source helped her develop Vin Social
- Why she wanted Vin Social to be an e-commerce platform
- How the pandemic helped her business
We’ll be back next weekend with another exciting episode of StartupNation Radio! Stay tuned.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.