- In Michigan’s tech sector, optimism shines through the clouds - December 1, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: U.S. News & World Report Ranking of Top U.S. Colleges (Episode 477) - September 15, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: The 4-Day Workweek Picks Up Steam (Episode 476) - September 14, 2022
This episode of StartupNation Radio is brought to you by Pappas Financial
On this episode of StartupNation Radio, your host, Jeff Sloan, interviews two hardworking women entrepreneurs: Heidi Ganahl and Kara Desmond.
Heidi Ganahl has been named one of Fortune magazine’s 10 Most Promising Entrepreneurs, and Parade magazine included her in its list of top women entrepreneurs in the country. Her latest venture, SheFactor, is a movement for young women preparing for life after college. The platform is designed to help women reach their goals, through the SheFactor app, podcast, book, blog, events and more.
During the interview, Heidi discusses:
- How she got started with her first business, Camp Bow Wow, in late 2000
- The power of entrepreneurship and the American dream
- What is SheFactor?
- Why entrepreneurship is a way of life (but why not anyone can be an entrepreneur)
- What it takes to be an entrepreneur and make your business work
- What’s next for SheFactor
Next up, Jeff and Heidi interview Kara Desmond, owner and professional organizer at Utterly Uncluttered. Through her services, Kara works with clients to organize their space and belongings, providing sustainable solutions that improve quality of life. Her services include home and business organization, as well as decluttering/organization.
During the show, Kara talks about:
- How and why she started her business
- The desire to be her own boss after spending eight years in a corporate role
- How her business has transitioned since it began in February
- How she markets her business
- What has surprised her most about starting her own business
- Where she sees Utterly Uncluttered in the future
For more information on Kara and Utterly Uncluttered, visit the official website.
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!