- Building a Monthly Business Plan - October 31, 2021
- Time Management 101: 6 Tips for Better Productivity - March 1, 2021
- Embrace Your Business Plan for a Successful 2021 - February 15, 2021
While it’s important to create a 10-year business model, your real focus should be on your business plan for three years, two years and one year. Once that’s set, reverse engineer it to the quarter and then down to the month.
Look at everything from a quantitative standpoint:
- Remember that every single thing you do, positive or negative, compounds consistently over time. So, execution is number one.
- What are the top three specific and measurable things you must do every single day?
- Set your calendar in blocks of 15, 20 and 30 minutes.
- Determine your top three metrics – calls, meetings, proposals – for the activities you get paid for and the ones you don’t. Focus on the things you get paid for; that’s what drives the key metrics of your plan for the month.
- What are your top three personal goals? It’s essential to have a little balance in your life.
- Write out your top five values. You need to be connected to not only your company values, but your personal values.
- Write down what you’re grateful for and what you’re thankful for.
- What is your marketing plan? What top three things are you going to do for it?
- Understand what your purpose is and what drives you. It’s really important to understand your purpose. That is what gives you the energy to wake up every morning and do what you need to do.
- Make sure you have a top 30 client list that includes top 10 current, top 10 prospects, and top 10 centers or spheres of influence. What is your game plan for each?
- What is the one thing you will stop, the one thing you will start, and the one new habit that you will build over the next 30 days?
- Have a mentor and an accountability plan. It’s easy to build out a plan, but it’s really difficult to stick to it. That’s why I encourage everybody to have a mentor or an accountability partner, someone who is going to push you out of your comfort zone and who will call you out on your excuses.
- Finally, commit to consistent daily execution. Look your plan every morning, every night and throughout the day so you can adjust on the fly as the market determines. Remember, this is a living business plan. And living your plan is the key to thinking big.
Originally published Jan. 25, 2021.