StartupStella - is she fiction or is she entrepreneurial fact?! Welcome to the wry world of Stella, a home-based hoot who graces the pages of StartupNation with her rants, observations and twisted advice, reflecting the realities of what life is really like as a home-based entrepreneur.
Here are some fun snapshots of my life.
While most of you are thinking about your goals for the upcoming year, I am going through emails and semi-anonymous notes from friends and family members that offer suggestions of what I should do in 2008.
Here, apparently, is my list of restitutions for 2008:
- Do not refer to hours or aimless web surfing as “entrepreneurial and small business research.”
- I’d appreciate you not telling the mailman to “wear a girdle” when he complains about the weight of packages delivered to the house.
(This is a toss up. Could be my husband, or the mailman. Maybe both. Men are such schemers.)
- Do not continually use your blog as a forum to make fun of men.
(My bet is on the Sloan brothers for this one.)
- Quit calling former boss’s work number and laughing hysterically on voice mail.(Well, everyone else thinks the boss is a joke.)
- The iMac is not a Barbie computer!
(Eww. Must’ve touched a nerve with Satan, my web developer.)
- You can not trademark the term, “jerkwad”; nor can you patent a boot as a, “jerk removal method and system.”
(Hmmm… Maybe the folks at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Organization???)
It seems like I have my hands full in 2008!
Have a great new year!
Startup Stella contributes to this blog from her two-dimensional world, which you can learn more about by visiting this cartoon strip StartupNation created to share Stella’s quirky but classic entrepreneurial epiphanies with you.