- Selling to Wal-Mart: The Do’s and the Dont’s - June 29, 2011
- Specialty Retail Entrepreneur Expo & Conference, You gotta go! - March 16, 2011
- Inventor on TV! How She Got on the NBC Today Show - December 7, 2010
How do I get on QVC? This is the most frequently asked question I get from everyone, everyday.
My answer! Pray, hire a good agent and make sure you and the product are ready. Being a QVC vendor for over 8 years now, I see new products come and go every day. The things that I hear from the buyers, and the QA department, is “Great product, it is just not ready for us yet.”
Here are the main reasons you do not get on QVC:
1) Product does not fit QVC demographics
2) Manufacturing is not completed
3) Pricing is not right
4) You submitted via: QVC product search, or over the internet…….
A few statistics for you-
- QVC gets over 2000 submission forms daily for new product reviews
- 3% of them get a first airing
- 1/2 % of that get a subsequent airing
Hints for success-
Know QVC demographics (visit their web page for info)
Get your manufacturing ready to go
Pricing is KEY
Get a good agent
See what you’re dealing with. QVC is a BIG BOY; know their game and you will do great!
Stay tuned for more tips on the world’s largest retailer QVC!
I wish you much success…..
Always DREAM BIG!