- 17 Essential Elements of a Successful Direct Mail Marketing Campaign - July 29, 2014
- 5 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn from Google - May 21, 2012
- 86 Common Sense Marketing Ideas for Startups - May 11, 2012
If you’re a business owner looking for some creative marketing ideas, you’ve come to the right place. Let me tell you something- If it’s being talked about on the news or on the Internet, then your customers are talking about it too. Become a part of the conversation with your out-of-the box marketing ideas and you’ll turn your business into a customer magnet. Here are some creative marketing ideas that you can use for September.
- Labor Day- There are many promotional opportunities here. Have a Labor Day Sale; contact a local news outlet with your Labor Day story idea, have a Facebook contest.
- Back to School-Anything back to school is hot during this time of year. Ideas include: Back to school clothing, technology, jitters, social media, school lunches, lunch boxes, commercial food in schools, school routines, bullying, cyberbullling and more. Pitch a story to the media, have a contest, or even put on a sale around this theme.
- Football Season- Americans love their football and with the NFL strike over, the interest in football is at a high. Play to their interest by having football themed events, contests or promotions. Proclaim your place of business as the “Official” headquarters for purchasing, eating, etc., of your favorite NFL Team. Put together favorite team – inspired promotions. Restaurants can have viewing parties, favorite team-named menu items or even contests. (I.E., if the Cardinals win, you’ll save 20% on everything red in the store, Monday only.) The opportunities to build buzz here are endless. Don’t miss out. (Note: Pay attention to trademark and copyright rules when using representations of the NFL. They are very strict about this.)
- 9/11/11 – By no means am I making light of the events of September 11th, 2001. However, the media and virtually everyone else in America is going to be talking about it. This is an opportunity to celebrate America, remember the people who died on September 11th, and those who died in the rescue efforts. Perhaps you can put together a promotion to give back? Be sincere and sensitive in what you do on this day and you’ll set yourself apart from the crowd.
- Baseball Regular Season Ends, Playoff Season Begins- September 28th is the official first day of the MLB playoffs. If you’re in an area with a team in the playoffs, don’t let this opportunity slip by to celebrate one of America’s favorite pastimes.
What other creative marketing ideas do you have for September? What have you done? I would love to hear from you. Comment here and you will be entered in a drawing for a free copy of my book, “How to Build Buzz for Your Biz.” Contest ends August 22nd, 2011.
Wendy Kenney is the bestselling author of How to Build Buzz for Your Biz, Tap into the Power of Social Media, Publicity and Relationship Marketing to Grow Your Business, available on Amazon.com. She has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Newsday. She lives in Mesa, Arizona, with her husband and three very hungryteenage sons. One of her goals in life is to visit all of the Major League ballparks in the US before she turns 49. So far she has been to 13. Grab your free ebook; How to Build Buzz for Your Biz; 23 Creative and Inexpensive Marketing Strategies That Will Get You Noticed at 23kazoos.com.