- Money Pros: How To Get Started On Your Business With Little To No Money - July 14, 2014
- The Best Decision I Ever Made as Founder of 99designs - February 9, 2011
- The Best Decision I Ever Made as Founder of Grasshopper Group - January 5, 2011
"The Best Decision I Ever Made" series is brought to you by StartupNation in partnership with the Young Entrepreneur Council.
The series is comprised of interviews with business & thought
leaders, providing you insights into the business decisions that
directly helped them achieve success.
David Hauser, Founder of Grasshopper Group
David Hauser oversees the strategic direction and operations of
Grasshopper Group and serves as the company’s technology visionary. A
passionate technologist, he’s the guy you go to when you have a question
about how the universe operates (or if you simply want to consult his
encyclopedic inner search engine).
From the Words of David Hauser Himself…
As Founder of Grasshopper Group I am driven everyday by our core purpose of empowering entrepreneurs to succeed.
Starting a company can be very challenging and even more so when you are in school full-time, but entrepreneurship drives us to do crazy and amazing things. While attending Babson and moving on from a past business, I felt the need to start a new business. I could either do this alone or with a co-founder.
I decided to start the company with a co-founder, Siamak, and we have built an amazing company that is fun to work at every day.
Starting a company with a co-founder was the best decision I ever made, as it helped grow something simple into something amazing, I had a fully vested partner along for the ride, and we accomplished more together than we would have apart.
Starting a company with a co-founder is a great idea and helped me personally a lot, but it is not easy. My advice:
- Don’t partner with close friends
- Find someone with different skills and not a lot of overlap
- Align your vision for the long-term of the company early, and most importantly
- Be open, honest and have fun!