The Twenty Keys to Online Marketing
Ryan Allis is the CEO and co-founder of iContact, a leading on-demand email marketing service. As CEO, he's managed iContact from its start in July 2003 to its current size with more than 90 employees and 25,000 customers worldwide. In 2005, Ryan was named by BusinessWeek as one of the "Top 25 Entrepreneurs Under 25." Ryan is also the author book Zero to One Million: How I Built a Company To $1 Million in Sales and How You Can Too, published by McGraw-Hill. As an email marketing expert, Ryan will provide guidance in his blog posts on how to enhance and improve your online marketing campaigns.
Latest posts by Ryan Allis (see all)
- Creating Email Campaigns to Measure Your Website’s Performance - October 29, 2014
- Email Marketing Review - November 21, 2008
- Segmenting Email Campaigns: What Criteria Should You Use - November 18, 2008
My last several posts have dealt with some best practices for creating and sending your email newsletters. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to discuss the top twenty keys to successfully market your business, service or products online. Once you believe you have created a strong business model, you can use your email newsletters to spearhead your online marketing campaigns.
Keys to Online Marketing 1-5*:
- Have a professional, easy-to-navigate, quick loading design for your web page or email message. Use a good quality template that your customers can easily understand. If you use an email marketing service like iContact, you can choose from over 350 message templates to fit your business needs.
- Have lots of quality-related content in your messages. Be strategic about how you advertise your business or product because it reflects on how customers will perceive you.
- If you have a web site, build lots of links that will direct your customers to visit.
- Build credibility and a good rapport with your customers. You can accomplish this by consistently having high-quality email messages with good content.
- After you create your email newsletter, send it out to your contact lists at least once a month. Over time, your customers will begin to expect and look forward to receiving your messages.
Thanks for reading, and the keys to online marketing numbers 6-10 will be coming later on in the week.
*Taken from Zero to One Million: How to Build a Company to One Million Dollars in Sales (McGraw-Hill) by Ryan Allis.