My last several posts have dealt with some best practices for creating and sending your email newsletters. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to discuss the top twenty keys to successfully market your business, service or products online. Once you believe you have created a strong business model, you can use your email newsletters to spearhead your online marketing campaigns.
Keys to Online Marketing 1-5*:
- Have a professional, easy-to-navigate, quick loading design for your web page or email message. Use a good quality template that your customers can easily understand. If you use an email marketing service like iContact, you can choose from over 350 message templates to fit your business needs.
- Have lots of quality-related content in your messages. Be strategic about how you advertise your business or product because it reflects on how customers will perceive you.
- If you have a web site, build lots of links that will direct your customers to visit.
- Build credibility and a good rapport with your customers. You can accomplish this by consistently having high-quality email messages with good content.
- After you create your email newsletter, send it out to your contact lists at least once a month. Over time, your customers will begin to expect and look forward to receiving your messages.
Thanks for reading, and the keys to online marketing numbers 6-10 will be coming later on in the week.
*Taken from Zero to One Million: How to Build a Company to One Million Dollars in Sales (McGraw-Hill) by Ryan Allis.