On today’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff is joined by co-host Norm Pappas, president and CEO of Pappas Financial. Together, they interview two accomplished entrepreneurs: Jennifer Kluge and Jana Brownell.
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
First up is Jennifer Kluge, president and CEO of the National Association for Business Resources (NABR) and president and CEO of MichBusiness, a community for Michigan business owners. Jennifer is also the CEO of Corp! Magazine.
During the interview, Jennifer discusses:
- How her company, MichBusiness, helps small- and medium-sized businesses to grow and flourish
- How Corp! Magazine has grown its presence in Michigan, while also expanding out of state
- How her organizations are helping businesses to pivot during the pandemic (while also making pivots of their own)
- What led her to join the business community
- Her advice and life lessons for entrepreneurs
- Her ongoing goal of helping young entrepreneurs succeed
“Success is a series of failures… there’s about 10 failed attempts before you get it right.”
– Jennifer Kluge
Next up, Jeff and Norm chat with Jana Brownell, president and CEO of the Kirlin Company, a 125 year old family business that is a leader in specification grade commercial and healthcare lighting, headquartered in Detroit.
During the interview, Brownell shares:
- How she transitioned to working in her family business after working in the healthcare industry
- Her appreciation of working in the family business with her father
- How Kirlin has successfully differentiated itself from its competitors as an industry leader
- Her leadership experience
- Kirlin’s collaborative work environment, and how they’ve been able to maintain safe interactions during the pandemic
“The purpose of this business is to perpetuate quality lighting, to be an example of a very well-run business and ethical business.”
– Jana Brownell
To learn more about the Kirlin Company, visit the official website.
Tune in to the full interview with Jennifer Kluge and Jana Brownell below:
In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.