- StartupNation Radio with Shay Berman on Building a Business From Scratch - January 22, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: Dell Technologies and StartupNation Offer Free Tech Upgrade Webinar (Episode 349) - January 21, 2022
- It’s Not Too Late to Join Our Free Dell Webinar on Hardware That Won’t Hold You Back - January 18, 2022
On today’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff chats with Kathryn Petralia and Amanda Lewan. Both guests speak to the changes that their respective businesses have faced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
First up, Jeff speaks with Kathryn Petralia, co-founder of Kabbage, an online financial technology company that provides funding directly to small businesses. Since its founding in 2009, Kabbage has provided more than $6 billion to SMBs through a fully-automated platform that allows customers to apply in minutes.
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
During the show, Petralia discusses:
- Her background in entrepreneurship and how she fell in love with being her own boss
- The early days of Kabbage
- The key steps in building Kabbage, from idea to the massive success it is today
- How Kabbage has pivoted during the COVID-19 crisis
- Where Kabbage is headed
For more information on Kabbage, visit the official website.
Next, Jeff introduces Amanda Lewan, co-founder and CEO of Bamboo Detroit, a co-working and shared office space in Detroit. Currently, Bamboo has approximately 200 hundred startup companies in its incubator.
During the segment, Lewan talks about:
- How Bamboo pivoted to a virtual environment at the onset of the COVID-19 crisis
- The behavioral changes related to co-working that will stick post-pandemic
- How work from home will be the new normal
- How the pandemic will impact the future of co-working spaces
- What Bamboo is doing to make its space safe during the pandemic
For more on Bamboo Detroit and its virtual membership option, check out the official website.
Tune in to the full show below:
In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.