We’ve got a special episode of StartupNation Radio ahead! For the inaugural show in StartupNation’s new podcast studio, your host and StartupNation co-founder and CEO, Jeff Sloan, sits down with entrepreneur and networking guru, Derek Dickow.
As always, StartupNation Radio is brought to you by Pappas Financial.
Derek Dickow is the founder of Steward Media, a PR firm he started in 2010 to leverage his talents in helping others in order to add value to nonprofits. He is known as a power connector to organizations and community leaders throughout southeast Michigan, which led to the natural development of his second business.
As a networking guru, Derek’s personal grand focuses on the art of networking and the power of personal connections. He teaches a masterclass called “The Art of Networking,” is a keynote speaker and helps aspiring entrepreneurs and business leaders to organize their goals and create innovative ideas.
During the show, Derek discusses:
- How to optimize networking opportunities in order to realize your goals and grow your business
- How he created a business around opportunity
- The power of mentorship and how it inspired him to start a business
- The challenges he faced when starting his business and how he overcame them
- How to network efficiently and make a valuable connection in 5 minutes or less
- The importance of creating personal, face-to-face interactions (rather than social media connections)
- How to start a business around subject matter expertise
- His three-part networking technique (before, during and after an event)
- The importance of building relationships in order to gain trust in customers
For more information on Derek, visit his official website at DerekDickow.com.
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio on next Saturday at 2 p.m. for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio.