This episode of StartupNation Radio is brought to you by Pappas Financial
On today’s episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff is joined by co-host, Norm Pappas, president and CEO of Pappas Financial. To kick off the show, Norm offers six key tasks entrepreneurs should keep in mind to succeed during the COVID-19 pandemic. Tune in to segment one below to learn those tips directly from Norm!
Jeff and Norm interview two entrepreneurs from the Detroit area who are achieving great success. Today, they’re speaking with Dave Alden and Steve Rundell.
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
Dave Alden, chairman of Vistage, was at Ford for more than 30 years before deciding to become an entrepreneur in 2014. Vistage is a leading advisory and executive coaching organization for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
During the show, Alden talks about:
- What he does in his role at Vistage and what the company provides to its members
- How he helps people work on their businesses (versus in their businesses)
- Examples of how entrepreneurs can work on their businesses
- The three characteristics that Vistage members generally portray
- The process for becoming a member
- His journey from the corporate world to entrepreneurial world
Listen to the interview with Dave Alden below
Next up, Jeff and Norm chat with Steve Rundell, Ph.D., and principal engineer at Explico Engineering, a scientific and engineering consulting firm specializing in accident reconstruction, biomechanics and human factors.
During the show, Rundell shares:
- What “forensic investigation” means
- How and why he chose this line of work
- Who hires Explico and the work they do
- A few of Explico’s most interesting cases
- How industry experts can break into this line of work
Listen to the interview with Steve Rundell below
We’ll be back next Saturday with an all-new edition of StartupNation Radio!In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.