- WJR Business Beat: Record Spending On Small Business Saturday (Episode 329) - December 2, 2021
- WJR Business Beat: Shopify Jump-Starts Starting A Business (Episode 328) - December 1, 2021
- WJR Business Beat: Shoppers Consider Brand Purpose In Their Purchase Decisions (Episode 327) - November 30, 2021
This segment is brought to you by Dell Technologies
While it may seem counterintuitive, starting a business during a down period can be a great time to explore your entrepreneurial endeavors.
On this morning’s WJR Business Beat, Jeff shares some perspective on why now is a great time to start a business, including:
- Crisis creates opportunity
- Current changes in consumer behavior
- Less competition
- Startup costs are down, and fundamental startup resources are readily available
Additionally, Jeff sites Tom Crum’s book, “The Magic of Conflict,” and in it, the author describes how people are actually at their best when challenged.