- StartupNation Radio with Shay Berman on Building a Business From Scratch - January 22, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: Dell Technologies and StartupNation Offer Free Tech Upgrade Webinar (Episode 349) - January 21, 2022
- It’s Not Too Late to Join Our Free Dell Webinar on Hardware That Won’t Hold You Back - January 18, 2022
Each morning on the Business Beat, we talk about how to start a business and how to grow your business. But now, the focus has shifted to how do you just stay in business amid social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic?
This morning, Governor Gretchen Whitmer issued an order to shut down dine-in services at all bars and restaurants in Michigan to help flatten the curve of the COVID-19 outbreak. The order will go into effect at 3 p.m. EST today.
How can consumers continue to support local, Main Street merchants during this most challenging time?
Jeff offers a few tips:
- Consider making your purchases online and pick up at the curb site, wherever you can, or even use delivery services
- Try to consolidate trips to the stores, but still make the same amount of purchase at those local stores
- Take advantage of the many deals and promotions that are currently offered by local stores
- Buy now for future benefit. You can buy a gift card, sign up for future classes or future appointments, etc.
Listen below for all of Jeff’s insights…
“Let’s keep these local merchants in business. We owe it to them. We love our local merchants. Let’s keep it top of mind.”
– Jeff Sloan
StartupNation is dedicated to bolstering small businesses and startups, even in times of hardship. To discuss these issues with fellow entrepreneurs, please do so in our community forum here.
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
Tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.