Reprinted from tensionbreaker.com: How the Recession Affects Sesame Street
- After its expenses come under increased government oversight, the number 4 pulls its sponsorship.
- Cookie Monster being replaced by his cousin, Ramen Noodle Monster.
- Elmo’s World downsized to Elmo’s Corner.
- Bob finally forced into retirement.
- Zoe replaced with an orange sock from the Dollar Store.
- Grover teaches Abby Cadabby about last and first. Specifically, “Last In, First Out.”
- Hoopers Store out-sources its operations to workers living on Galli Galli Sim Sim.
- Thanks to a 50% off liquidation sale, all Double-U’s are now U’s.
- As more residents move into garbage cans, Oscar complains about gentrification.
- Count Von Count indicted on charges of counting some bats twice.
- After being laid off, Baby Bear just sits around watching the Telly all day… which makes Telly even more nervous than usual.
- In order to pay the bills, Grover forced to take on 8th job.
What are some ways your business is coping/beating the recession?