- WJR Business Beat: Record Spending On Small Business Saturday (Episode 329) - December 2, 2021
- WJR Business Beat: Shopify Jump-Starts Starting A Business (Episode 328) - December 1, 2021
- WJR Business Beat: Shoppers Consider Brand Purpose In Their Purchase Decisions (Episode 327) - November 30, 2021
As startups and entrepreneurs across all industries continue to navigate this new business landscape, Dell Technologies is here to bring you the latest strategies, best practices and tools to drive success within your business.
Join Burt Powers with Dell Technologies for an informative discussion on managing remote work, and then utilizing technology to your advantage in this new normal. This session is hosted by StartupNation’s Jeff Sloan and WJR’s Guy Gordon.
StartupNation exclusive discounts and savings on Dell products and accessories: Learn more here
During the interview, Burt, Jeff and Guy discuss:
- The new reality of the remote workforce
- How Dell assists customers in adapting to the “new normal” and continues to help them grow
- Building team morale remotely
- Keeping culture alive in the workplace through technology for interpersonal communication
- Burt’s hardware and software recommendations for setting up a home office for success
- The dangers of cybersecurity exposure working from home and how to protect yourself
Burt Powers has been at Dell for 18 years. After graduating from Texas A&M University, Burt joined Dell as an Inside Sales Consumer Advisor in 2002. During his illustrious career at Dell, Burt has held various sales and leadership roles across Consumer, Member Purchase Program and Small Business divisions. Today, Burt is the Sr. Director for North America Small Business Sales with a team of more than 550 focused on startups and small businesses with 1-99 employees.
A seasoned broadcast journalist, Guy Gordon is celebrating his 40th year as a reporter, anchor and talk show host. He was recognized with two Emmy Awards for Best Anchor and six Emmy Awards for Best Writing, Reporting and Documentary. His work has also garnered numerous Michigan Association of Broadcasters awards for breaking news and investigative reporting. Previously, Gordon was news anchor for WDIV Local 4 News in Detroit for nine years, following 13 years as Anchor of Channel 7 Action News in Detroit.