businesses grow by providing payment acceptance solutions, including credit and debit card processing, ACH, check and gift cards. As a nationally recognized industry leader, businesses rely on our market insight, data security knowledge, and client care to deliver exceptional service to more customers in more locations. International Bancard helps businesses grow through payment acceptance solutions. With our Proven Process, we will work to understand a business’ needs to design a solution that increases growth potential, so we can effectively implement, and ultimately support business growth.
Latest posts by International Bancard
- How to Pick the Right Merchant Services Company - October 20, 2017
- What are Merchant Services and Why Do They Matter to My Business? - September 7, 2017
- How to Lower Your Startup’s Credit Card Processing Fees - August 10, 2017
By now, you have probably heard the buzzwords “EMV,” “chip cards,” or “Fraud Liability Shift,” but do you really know what they mean? As a business owner, it’s critical for you to understand the importance of accepting EMV chip cards (chip-enabled credit and debit cards).
We have put together the top reasons why International Bancard feels all small businesses should accept EMV chip cards, and we will help you understand the significance of EMV when it comes to your business.
Top four benefits of accepting EMV chip cards
- Avoid liability: In October 2015, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express put into place a Fraud Liability Shift (FLS) policy. The FLS now assigns liability for card-present counterfeit and fraud transactions to the party that has not made the switch to EMV chip card-enabled devices. What does this mean? If your business does not switch to EMV chip card-enabled devices, your business may be found liable for any fraudulent transactions. It is not a mandate, but in order to be protected from fraud, you will need to upgrade your payment acceptance solutions.
- Keep your business safe: By accepting EMV chip cards, you will reduce your liability for fraudulent transactions. As a small business owner, you know the importance of every customer and the reputation of your business that you have worked so hard to maintain. Protecting your business against fraudulent transactions, you save valuable time and money, along with the reputation of your business to your hard-earned customers.
- Do it for your customers: Speaking of customers, EMV plays an important role in protecting personal data. Magnetic stripe cards are much easier to counterfeit than EMV chip cards. With EMV chip cards, the information on the chip changes with each transaction. When your customers pay with their EMV chip cards, they will know that your business is using the latest technology to protect their personal data and keep it secure.
- Be part of the solution: EMV is now the global standard for credit and debit cards equipped with computer chips and technology used in POS devices to authenticate chip card transactions. This creates a consistent cardholder experience worldwide, as well as a united global front to battle fraud.
It only takes one fraudulent transaction for your business to feel the agony of not accepting EMV enabled payments. Fortunately, StartupNation has partnered with International Bancard to help you make the switch to accepting EMV payments simple, easy and painless.
International Bancard helps businesses grow through payment acceptance. International Bancard is committed to assisting businesses in transitioning to EMV-supported devices and are experts on the EMV chip card acceptance program. International Bancard is fully prepared and stocked to ensure your business has the correct equipment to safely and securely accept EMV chip card payments.
You will receive a complimentary and thorough review of your business’ revenue stream, with a focus on the cost and safety of accepting EMV credit and debit payments.
International Bancard has a team of Certified Payments Professionals who will deliver insightful and straight-forward feedback on your business’ existing cost and risk factors, and present a clear set of opportunities to reduce cost and increase transaction security.
International Bancard will work to understand your business’ needs to design a solution that increases growth potential, so we can effectively implement, and ultimately support, business growth.
Content provided by International Bancard