- WJR Business Beat: Mobile Apps Are Experiencing More Engagement Than Ever Before (Episode 305) - October 14, 2021
- Servers to Cloud: Register for StartupNation’s Free Webinar with Dell Technologies - October 13, 2021
- WJR Business Beat: Projected Consumer Holiday Spending (Episode 304) - October 13, 2021
On this week’s edition of StartupNation Radio, Jeff talks with three guests on an essential of entrepreneurship: office space. These guests prove that their companies, Bamboo and WeWork, provide not just office space, but shared, coworking space and a sense of community.
First up is Amanda Lewan, co-founder of Detroit’s largest coworking space, Bamboo Detroit. With 250 members, Bamboo helps entrepreneurs start and grow or “land and expand” into Detroit.
Also on air is Dwain Watkins, co-founder of Cellular EMT (the “Lyft of phone repair”), a mobile on demand tech/cell phone repair company, who became a member of Bamboo in January of last year. He shares how the Bamboo community allowed his company to grow and took him from a small business owner to an entrepreneur.
During the show, Amanda discusses:
- The benefits of using a shared workspace or co-working space
- What the Bamboo community provides entrepreneurs
- Bamboo’s lean startup story
- How Bamboo is building the tech and startup community in Detroit
Learn more about Bamboo
Next, Jeff speaks with Kyle Steiner, community director of WeWork Detroit. Founded in 2010, WeWork has upwards of 200,000 members with 200 locations worldwide, offering service, coworking space and community. Once signed up, members receive access to all WeWork spaces, which is ideal for remote workers traveling anywhere from Boston to Buenos Aires.
During the show, Kyle talks about:
- The flexibility of WeWork’s coworking membership
- WeWork’s community and its direct contribution to supporting startups through networking and more
- How to grow your business through WeWork’s shared space
- What’s next for WeWork
Learn more about WeWork Detroit
Tune in to WJR 760 AM Radio on Saturday, April 28 at 2 p.m. for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio.