On today’s travel-themed episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff talks to KT Maviglia-Morgan and Jordan Morgan of On Arrival – The Traveler’s Podcast, Sally Bunnell of NaviSavi and Andrea Schubiner of Wanderful Journeys.
Tune in to the full StartupNation Radio show with Maviglia-Morgan, Morgan, Bunnell and Schubiner to learn more about the travel business industry:
Morgan is an American-born Slovenian professional basketball player who played college basketball at the University of Michigan. Maviglia-Morgan was crowned Miss Michigan in 2014 and is the founder of The KT Maviglia Fund, which helps Michigan residents with hearing loss. Together, the duo host On Arrival, a travel-based podcast.
During the interview, Morgan and Maviglia-Morgan discuss:
- How Morgan balances being a professional athlete and maintaining a business
- Why they decided to create a travel brand
- How they plan to expand to booking and designing trips
- How to build a successful podcast
- How to immerse yourself in the business world
Next is Bunnell, the founder and CEO of NaviSavi, a video-only travel app that shows prospective travelers what they’re in for on their vacation of choice.
During the interview, Bunnell talks about:
- How the app works
- How it went from a TV show idea to an app
- Why the app doesn’t allow photos, reviews or editing
- How and why user-generated content drives the app
- How people can be approved to send in videos and start earning compensation
Next is Schubiner, founder of Wanderful Journeys, a boutique travel business that designs one-of-a-kind travel itineraries for customers.
During the interview, Schubiner explains:
- How she went from having a travel blog to a full-fledged business
- How she came to realize travel is her passion
- How being a travel advisor works
- How the business brings in revenue
- Why travel is booming now more than ever
We’ll be back next weekend with another exciting episode of StartupNation Radio! Stay tuned.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.