Is Your Content Marketing Strategy as Hot as the Weather?
It’s hot out there! For many of you, that means you are spending more time in your office in the nice, cool air-conditioning. And while business may be slower as people take vacations and spend time with family and friends, that’s no reason to slow down with your own goals.
Whether you like it or not, the busy, holiday season will be here before you know it. That’s why it’s the perfect time to take a look at your content marketing strategy to see what’s working, what isn’t, and plan for the months ahead. To help you with this process, here are…
10 Questions to Ask About Your Content Marketing Strategy Success
- Do you have analytics for all of your marketing tactics so far this year?
- Which marketing tactics provide the best results relevant to your goals?
- Which marketing activities are NOT helping you move towards your goals?
- Are your landing pages, e-mail campaigns and other content converting to actual sales?
- Are you giving your customers what they want, how they want it and when they want it?
- Are your blogs and social-media posts providing valuable content with a call-to-action, or are you just posting to have something online or share your personal sales messages and insights?
- What feedback are you receiving from customers about your products and services?
- Are you interacting with current and potential customers regularly?
- Are your team members excited about what they are doing and providing the best work possible?
- What can you do differently to make positive changes happen?
Use Your Summer to Create Sizzling Sales in the Future
These are just a few questions to get you thinking about your processes and setting new goals to move past the status quo.
It’s essential to have a content-marketing-strategy and editorial calendar so you have an action plan. This way, you know what is happening during a specific time, who is responsible and how you are tracking the results. Then, you can look at what is working and constantly change the things that are not.
Your customers have ever-changing needs so it’s important to be aware of current trends and communicate with your target-market and team members frequently. With the latest technology, you can keep track of activities and make positive changes immediately. If not, customers will go elsewhere to get what they need.
With this in mind, use these slower, summer months to re-evaluate all of your content marketing strategies. Figure out which activities are working, and conduct research so you are aware of current trends and customer needs. Then, you can eliminate or change tactics that are not working and spend your time and money on new and creative strategies that actually increase sales.
How are you going to update your content strategy today?
For more BtoB content strategy help, please write to me here, or visit www.rembrandtwrites.com for more information.