- What You Need to Know About Millennial Consumers - October 9, 2016
- Go to the Cloud: Cut Costs and Scale Your Business - July 3, 2016
- Free Tools For Entrepreneurs & Tech Startups - May 15, 2015
Many entrepreneurs revaluate their business plans and set new goals as they head into a New Year.
Here are some inspirational quotes on the topic of goals.
- Circumstances may cause interruptions and delays, but never lose sight of your goal. ~ Mario Andretti
- A good goal is like a strenuous exercise – it makes you stretch. ~ Mary Kay Ash
- A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. ~ Bo Bennett
- Set your course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship. ~ Omar Bradley
- If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere. ~ Frank A. Clark
- I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. ~ Jimmy Dean
- Success is a consequence and must not be a goal. ~ Gustave Flaubert
- Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination. ~ Fitzhugh Dodson
- A goal is a dream with a deadline. ~ Napoleon Hill
- When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal. ~ Napoleon Hill
- Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there. ~ Bo Jockson
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. ~ C. S. Lewis
- A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. ~ Bruce Lee
- Leaders aren’t born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. ~ Vince Lombardi
- A good system shortens the road to the goal. ~ Orison Swett Marden
- Picture yourself in your minds eye as having already achieved this goal. See yourself doing the things you’ll be doing when you’ve reached your goal. ~ Earl Nightingale
- If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it. ~ John D. Rockefeller
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get. ~ Jim Rohn
- All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose. ~ Brian Tracy
- If you want to reach a goal, you must ‘see the reaching’ in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal. ~ Zig Ziglar
Dreaming about goals is inspiring, but a great goal need a great plan!
Before you get distracted, take time to document your top 3 goals using the SMART method. The method of SMART goals (an acronym for the 5 steps of specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-based goals) is one of the most effective tools used by high achievers to reach their goals — realistically and consistently. Whether you’re at the helm of a 300-person organization, a small business entrepreneur, or somebody who simply wants to shed 20 pounds, learning how to set SMART goals can make the difference between failure and achievement.