- 17 Essential Elements of a Successful Direct Mail Marketing Campaign - July 29, 2014
- 5 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn from Google - May 21, 2012
- 86 Common Sense Marketing Ideas for Startups - May 11, 2012
I’ve been a professional speaker for many years and it’s been a tremendous boon to my business. In any given year, speaking generates at least 30% of my new clients. But you don’t need to be a professional speaker to leverage speaking in your business.
Speaking is one of the most powerful marketing tools you can use.
- It can establish you as an expert.
- Sets you apart from the competition.
- Takes away the fear of buying from you.
- Makes your phone ring.
- Increases your value..
- Closes sales.
And on and on and on.
So where do you speak? How do you get speaking gigs? Here’s the quick and easy process.
- Tell everybody you’re available to speak.
- Volunteer to be a guest speaker for any groups that you currently belong to.
- Put on a test presentation and invite your best customers/friends. Ask for their feedback and advice. If you’re good, they will let you know. Tell them you need introductions to the groups that they attend.
- Speak anywhere and everywhere to start. It doesn’t matter how large or small the group is. You need the practice, and you need to add groups to your speaking resume.
- Speak often. Momentum creates momentum. I find that the more I speak, the more I speak.
- Join an organization to hone your skills, Toastmasters is a good one, but many networking organizations have member speakers also. This is a good place to practice in a safe environment.
Speaking has been one of the most powerful strategies that I have used to grow my business, and I know it will work for you too.
What are your experiences with speaking? How do you get speaking gigs? I would love to hear from you!
- 3 Effective Cures for the Paralyzing Fear of Public Speaking
- Boot Buzz Fast with Local Press
- How to Become a Marketing Superstar
Wendy Kenney is the best selling author of How to Build Buzz for Your Biz, Tap into the Power of Social Media, Publicity and Relationship Marketing to Grow Your Business, available on Amazon.com. She has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Newsday. For more information go to https://23Kazoos.com.