- Marketing in the Trenches on a Budget - December 26, 2013
- StartupNation’s 10th Anniversary and 10 Million Served - November 2, 2011
- Gerber Hits a Nerve - November 1, 2011
Here’s a link to the webcast of my 8 Secrets to Startup Success.
Throughout April and into early May, I was on a seminar tour with the folks at Microsoft Office Live Small Business. The tour, Vision to Venture (aimed at women entrepreneurs), was a huge success. Hundreds of people showed up in St. Louis, San Diego, Miami, Austin and at the culminating event in Redmond, Washington at the Microsoft conference center.
My 45-minute speech, which you can watch online at your leisure, focused on “8 Overlooked Secrets to Startup Success,” included the following pointers:
- Respect the 2x Factor, which outlined how things often take twice as long and cost twice as much as you planned for;
- Focus but Be Flexible, which outlined the importance of channeling all of your energy toward one project, and a primary strategy, but be willing to fess up and change your focus if things are just not working the way you expected;
- Align Interests, which underscored the value and tactics of getting the best out of everyone associated with your business;
- Giving a Great Elevator Pitch, which is critical if you’re ever going to get people excited enough to invest or buy or join you – whatever you’re seeking from them.
These are just some of the 8 I cover. I’d love to get your feedback on all of them. After you watch the webcast, let me know if you have other secrets to add other than those I included.