- 5 Steps to Purchase a Profitable Online Business - June 11, 2017
- How to Create a Viral Crowdfunding Video Campaign in 8 Steps - May 21, 2017
- 8 Essential Steps to Take Before Launching Your Startup - January 11, 2017
Nowadays, marketers are spoiled with hundreds if not thousands of tools they can use for their online marketing campaigns. There are tools for email marketing, SEO, A/B testing, social media, content marketing and more. While some are better than others, in this post I’ll talk about the ones that are the most cost effective and give you the most value.
Without any further ado, these are the online marketing tools I can’t live without. Most of them have a 30-day free trial or are completely free.
Monitor Backlinks is an awesome SEO tool that covers almost everything you need for SEO. It has many useful features, but the ones that stand out and make it irreplaceable are:
- Email alerts when your site gets new links: Monitor Backlinks automatically checks when your site earns new backlinks and informs you so you can analyze whether they are good or bad for SEO. It’s a great way to be up-to-date with your latest links.
- Notifications for backlinks that have poor metrics: Whenever a site has a backlink from a site with bad metrics, you’ll see a notification on the left side of the row, indicating that it’s best to manually review the link. With these notifications, you can see in a glance what links might hurt your rankings in Google.
- Numerous and unique SEO metrics: Monitor Backlinks shows almost 20 metrics for each of your backlinks, making it very easy to understand what links carry the most or least value for SEO.
- Easy to use disavow tool: The disavow feature helps you create a disavow report with the bad links in minutes.
- Keep track of keyword rankings in Google: Monitor Backlinks is not just about links, but can also keep track of your rankings and tell you how your average keyword position is evolving.
- Spy competitors: To find new opportunities to get quality links to your site, you can spy on your competitor’s links with the automated system that checks what new links they have earned every 10 days.
Price: Starts at $19.90 per month and comes with a 30-day free trial.
OptinMonster is the best tool to capture emails, show popups with a call to action button or increase your social media followers. If you have a website, it’s important to capture your readers’ email addresses because that’s the best channel for communication. While there are other alternatives that are free or cheaper, like SumoMe, I prefer OptinMonster because it provides more flexibility to optimize popups and even shows when the user intends to leave my site.
Price: Starts at $9 per month.
Sendy is awesome. You can send emails to your subscribers more than 100 times cheaper than with MailChimp or other such providers. It offers beautiful reports, you can create different lists and subscribers and everything works flawlessly.
Price: $10 to send 100,000 emails.
The Nofollow Chrome Extension is simple yet very important if you use SEO. It automatically outlines the nofollow links so you can see how other sites are linking out to external websites.
SimilarWeb is a great tool for analyzing your competitor’s site’s performance. You can see an approximate of how much traffic they get, the average time on site for their users, bounce rate and more. All of which are fairly accurate and can help you get an idea of how your competitor’s traffic is going.What’s even better is that you can see how much traffic their site gets from each channel. For example, you can determine if a site is penalized by Google, if it has no traffic from search engines. It also has a SimilarWeb Chrome Extension which comes in handy very often.
Price: FREE and paid
Google Analytics is the go-to site whenever I want to analyze my site’s traffic. It’s free and provides all the data any small- or medium-sized business needs.
Whenever I have to share something on social media, I prefer to use Buffer because it saves time and it’s more convenient. Instead of going to each social media page, I can post my updates on social media from one platform, with the click of a few buttons.
Price: Starts at $10 per month and has a 7-day free trial.
After Google released the mobile algorithm, I’ve become obsessed with optimizing my site’s loading speed. According to Harrison Mann, a site that loads in less than two seconds has higher chances of keeping the visitor on site longer.The Page Speed Tool is an awesome FREE tool provided by Google and gives recommendations on how you can improve its loading speed for a better user experience.
These are the essential online marketing tools I use most often. Any online business must take advantage of the numerous tools that are available and ease things up.
What other tools do you use and recommend for online marketing? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.