- Marketing in the Trenches on a Budget - December 26, 2013
- StartupNation’s 10th Anniversary and 10 Million Served - November 2, 2011
- Gerber Hits a Nerve - November 1, 2011
Walk the halls of StartupNation and you feel like you’re living in a case study about entrepreneurship.
Just like you, we work hard everyday to grow our business–our DREAM business.
We’re smaller than you think. We have only a dozen (totally inspired) full-time people and another half dozen experts on contract.
The output of our team is always amazing, sometimes miraculous.
But with the huge crush of work, it’s common for challenges to arise. That’s when, as managers of the business, we hear this lament from a team member: "Jeff, Rich, I have a problem!"
For those of you that get buried and start running into "problems," here’s a little street wisdom from our personal experience:
1. Opportunities to be creative and innovative
2. Opportunities to build team spirit
3. Opportunities to uncover brand new opportunities
4. Opportunities to grow (business and character)
Nearly every time we’ve had a challenge and dealt with it from the above-mentioned perspectives, it has led our business to new heights, to feelings of triumph.
So, take heart. While problems are inevitable, when approached the right way, they can be used constructively in your business and in life.