- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: How Brick-and-Mortar Retail Remains Relevant (Episode 293) - September 22, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: DeepHow Raises $9 Million In New Venture Funding (Episode 292) - September 21, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: The Great Workforce Resignation (Episode 291) - September 20, 2021
On this episode of StartupNation Radio, we’re featuring a new installment in our “Ask the Expert” series, which is designed to help answer the burning questions of our community’s small business owners through expert insights. Today, we’re featuring SCORE of Southeast Michigan. Joining Jeff are Armando Ojeda, southeast Michigan chapter chair of SCORE, and today’s expert guest, Lisa O’Connell. Together, they discuss customer acquisition for early-stage startups.
Lisa is a SCORE sales expert and founder and CEO of Sales Account Ability, a company that helps management to coach sales people, define performance goals and implement easy to use tools to measure and monitor the performance of sales people. Lisa is a six-year active member of SCORE and is a certified mentor, subject matter expert, workshop leader and membership chair.
During the show, Jeff, Armando and Lisa discuss customer acquisition for early-stage startups and take calls from listeners. Topics covered include:
- The difference between marketing and sales, and which to focus on when
- How much to allocate for marketing spend when creating a business plan
- How to measure success when it comes to marketing spend
Previously on StartupNation Radio: ‘Ask the Expert’ About Finances Featuring SCORE of Southeast Michigan
Tune in to the full interview with SCORE of Southeast Michigan to learn more about customer acquisition:
If you’re in need of some advice or next steps in your decision-making process, feel free to reach out to a SCORE mentor at semichigan.score.org or call (800) 634-0425.
The SCORE of Southeast Michigan team will be back for more “Ask the Expert” segments in the coming months!
In addition to weekly StartupNation Radio programming, tune in to News/Talk 760 AM WJR weekday mornings at 7:11 a.m. for the WJR Business Beat. Listeners outside of the Detroit area can listen live HERE.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.