Latest posts by StartupNation
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: Addressing America’s Digital Divide is a Necessity (Episode 225) - May 18, 2021
- An Inside Look at Michigan’s Prosperous Venture Capital Community - May 15, 2021
- WJR Business Beat with Jeff Sloan: Data Shows Consumers Want to Shop and Dine Locally (Episode 224) - May 13, 2021
This episode of StartupNation Radio is brought to you by Pappas Financial
On this episode of StartupNation Radio, your host, Jeff Sloan, interviews Jeff Kulis of Break a Whey and Melissa Butler of The Lip Bar.
Jeff Kulis is the founder of Break a Whey, an all-natural, high-protein yogurt for all ages. Break a Whey ice cream is a healthy alternative to other soft serve products, which are generally higher in sugar and carbs, with low to zero protein.
Kulis created Break a Whey to give schools, colleges, hospitals and sports teams an alternative to high fat, high sugar, high calorie soft serve that are void of nutrition and are artificially sweetened.
Break a Whey chocolate and vanilla shakes can be purchased online, and are available at select stores in metro Detroit.
During the interview, Jeff discusses:
- Various trial runs and different versions of his product
- How he took his idea to market
- How he produces and distributes Break a Whey
- Creating consumer awareness and demand for Break a Whey
- His current re-branding campaign
For more information on Break a Whey, or to purchase, visit the official website.
Next up, Jeff chats with Melissa Butler, founder and CEO of The Lip Bar. While working as a licensed stock broker on Wall Street, Melissa became frustrated with the beauty industry and, therefore, created a solution.
She disliked traditional beauty brands and their linear approach to beauty, with excessive amounts of chemicals. It was her belief in health and inclusion that lead her to begin making lipstick in her own kitchen, eventually developing her vegan product line, The Lip Bar.
During the show, Melissa talks about:
- Her desire to create inclusivity for women through individualized products
- Success after the road block she faced with “Shark Tank”
- How she proved herself and her business
- How she got her product into more than 450 Target stores
- The future of The Lip Bar
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!