On today’s franchise-themed episode of StartupNation Radio, Jeff is joined by co-host Chris McCuiston of Goldfish Swim School and two featured guests: Dr. Mary Mason of Little Medical School and Manish Vakil of Tumbles Kids’ Gyms.
Tune in to the full StartupNation Radio show with McCuiston, Dr. Mason and Vakil to learn how to run a successful franchise:
McCuiston is the co-founder and CEO of Goldfish Swim School, the premier learn-to-swim facility for kids ages 4 months to 12 years. This year, the Michigan-based company is celebrating its 15th year in business.
During the interview, McCuiston discusses:
- Why entrepreneurs should consider going the franchise route and its advantages
- What the basic essentials behind franchising are
- Why every business should have a recipe it follows
- Why the franchise model helps to scale
- How Goldfish Swim School continues to succeed
Related: Where Are They Now? StartupNation Radio Catches up with Goldfish Swim School, Daily Crunch Snacks
Next is Dr. Mason, the founder of Little Medical School, an educational company that teaches kids about the sciences surrounding health care.
During the interview, Dr. Mason explains:
- How she turned a hobby into a successful business
- Why she decided franchising was the best option for her business
- How Little Medical School’s franchisees succeed
- Why taking risks is the key to success
- Why franchising gives businesses a head start
Next is Vakil, the founder and CEO of Tumbles Kids’ Gyms, which focuses on physical fitness while incorporating science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) programs.
During the interview, Vakil talks about:
- How he started as a franchisee
- How the company is expanding to other continents
- How having a master franchisee gives businesses much more access
- What types of advisors he used to help him expand and enter into other countries
- How the company is continuing to thrive
Finally, all the guests come back together to discuss franchise disclosure documents and how to create a business plan successfully.
We’ll be back next weekend with another exciting episode of StartupNation Radio! Stay tuned.
Do you have a great entrepreneurial success story to share? Tell us your story here and you could be featured on an upcoming episode of StartupNation Radio.