19 Ways to Increase Your Website Conversions
Tom Shapiro is CEO and founder of Digital Marketing NOW, which helps clients to maximize their online marketing results. What makes Digital Marketing NOW different is the company's expertise and focus on digital strategy and strategic design.
Digital Marketing NOW's services include digital strategy development, website development & design, conversion optimization, SEO, paid search, social media marketing, email marketing & analytics. Follow us on Twitter: @DigitalMN.
Latest posts by Tom Shapiro (see all)
- The 10 Hottest Online Marketing Trends in 2014 - February 12, 2014
- 13 Hot Internet Marketing Trends in 2013 - December 8, 2012
- Getting Your Business in Front of More Hot Prospects Online - February 9, 2012
How do you increase the ROI of your business website?
Simple. Increase your conversion rate.
Whether the conversion event on your website is an online purchase or a lead capture, you will positively impact your bottom line by increasing the percentage of site visitors who take the actions on your site that you value.
To increase the conversion rate on your website, try the following:
- Clarify your differentiation.
- Prove the ROI of your products/services, through case studies, comparisons or research data.
- Explain clearly how your products or services solve your customers’ problems or help your customers achieve their goals.
- Write persuasive, compelling copy.
- Speak to benefits.
- Add high-resolution graphics.
- Segment your audience, and create conversion funnels for each segment.
- Add customer testimonials.
- Add industry expert testimonials.
- Add trustmarks, such as from the Better Business Bureau, VeriSign or industry associations.
- Appeal to different senses. Add video. Add audio.
- Add a satisfaction guarantee.
- Provide help and contextual answers (e.g., include a “Need help finding something?” link).
- Provide multiple ways for customers to ask questions (e.g., online form, toll-free number, email).
- Include specific Calls to Action.
- Include related items that enhance the offer.
- Remove unnecessary fields from the checkout process or from online lead-capture forms.
- Offer multiple payment options.
These are just a few tips to help you create a great website that increases your conversions and drives your business success. If you need additional help, let me know below or at www.WebsiteMarketingNOW.com. Thanks!